Tuesday, June 7, 2016

New York Day 6

I spent my morning as usual today sending hours of emails. After 6 days I am finally starting to gain momentum and see the results I have been hoping for! I have my first rep meeting tomorrow morning at 11AM and immediately after that an in-person meeting with a modeling agency. I have a second modeling agency meeting on Thursday as well. I am looking for a representation agency to rep me in the New York/worldwide market so those are the most important meetings. I really have no way to expect how this meeting will go because it's my first one. It could be great and they want to sign me, which would be a huge decision, or it could be total rejection, which is what I will go in expecting. The modeling agency meetings are to go in and meet bookers and try to get access to models to use for editorial and portfolio projects. Hopefully I will get more responses throughout the week and can gain momentum. We move into our apartment in SOHO on Friday and I can start shooting at that point. Our day was entirely work related today, all emails and research and planning for meetings. Not very glamorous but this is what a career in photography actually looks like.

I am enjoying the work process and the feeling of conquering new ground but missing a lot about home. We have squeezed so much into a short period it feels like we have been here for weeks. I miss having my tea 3 times a day and there is no way I'm paying for Starbucks tea. I miss cooking, alot, we both hate how expensive food is here, it's really hard to not eat all of our money. No matter how healthy we eat it still doesn't feel as healthy as home cooking. I'm craving chocolate and not willing to pay for it. I will probably be way skinnier when we get back from all the walking and so much less eating. I miss watering my garden and I'm really excited to hopefully see tomatoes when I get back! And I'm dreading having to pick up my first prescription here, I imagine it will be more difficult than home. No matter how many times I remind myself I still don't seem to pack enough comfy clothes, I need a happy medium between work clothes and PJ's. So this is my reminder to myself - sweatshirt, sweatpants and fuzzy socks and maybe a blanket. The weather here is weird. The forecast for tomorrow is 82 degrees and sunny with thunder and lightning storms from 12PM - 2PM. Like how do I dress for that?! I need to look cute and professional and also be cool enough for the heat and dry from the rain...impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment