Saturday, June 18, 2016

New York Day 16

Today was my first day shooting in our new space. I know this is a personal blog but it's hard to talk about my days recently without talking about work. It's also increasingly hard to separate work and personal life so I'll just write about whatever I feel like and stop worrying about it!

I think shooting in this loft has changed how I shoot forever. In one day this space has taught me more about light than any schooling could have taught me. This space has the most incredible light and there are so many way to use it. I did a shoot in the morning and one in the evening and got to watch how the light changes from sunrise to sunset. I am also so impressed at how easygoing and drama-free all of the models and creative talent are here. Everyone is so easygoing. My first model this morning has been modeling for only 6 month and walked in NY Fashion week for Balenciaga and her first big job was DNKY and she is so easygoing and fun to be around. Same with the second model today and the makeup artist. I expected to be a little intimidated and I'm not at all because there are such sweet, normal people behind all of these huge campaigns and productions.

I don't have many pictures from the stay and sadly none from this morning but this is what I have. Check out this amazing wet stuck hair look. The makeup artist had never done it before and it took her 10 minutes to do it this flawlessly. I'm so impressed. New York has captured part of my work heart for sure, I love working here.




No comments:

Post a Comment