Friday, June 3, 2016

New York Day 2

Another busy day! It's National Doughnut Day today so we headed to, Dough, which is one of the top rated places here in NYC. We got the Salted Caramel Chocolate, Chocolate Nib, Lemon Poppy and Dulce de Leche Almond. They were huge! And one of the items we have found to be better than Portland and cheaper for what you are getting. Each one was only $3 and those things are HUGE.



When we got back we went for a walk down 5th Avenue which is where all of the designer shops are. We visited the Museum of Modern Art Bookstore, Rockefeller Center, St. Thomas Cathedral, The Bouchon Bakery, Bryant Park and a magazine shop with fashion magazines floor to ceiling.

















We hopped on the Long Island Railroad at Penn Station down to Plating Gardens at Oyster Bay. We walked around the beautiful gardens. The peony garden was is full bloom and stunning. We ate dinner at an amazing family Italian restaurant called Saggio's in East Norwich and I hate some of the best pizza I've ever had! We got the Grandma's Pie and the Bruschetta. We got fried calamari, mozzarella cheese sticks, garlic knots and bruschetta for starters (sadly they were all so good I didn't get photos because I was busy eating). The pizza crust was so crispy and amazing, the marinara was chunky and fresh and so rich with basil and good cheese flavors. We had gelato for dessert and it was amazing also!

































Also late last night I fell asleep after walking to and back from Hell's Kitchen so I took a nap. When I fell asleep I had my laptop next to me and when I woke up it was gone and I couldn't find Chris anywhere. In my half asleep state I get up and call his name and hear no response. I checked next to me in bed and in the walk-in closet and saw nothing. I went up to the bathroom door and knocked quietly and called his name again with no answer. I finally went in and found him asleep in the bathtup. It was very cute after I got over the initial shock of not being able to find him. I wanted to take a picture but it would have been very NSFW (haha) so I found a photo online that sums it up nearly more perfectly than the actual scene!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe all you've seen in just two days! Just love the cathedral and cute little English cottages.

    ReplyDelete