Friday, December 19, 2014

Life as a Book

I like to think about life as book. A good book has portions of drama, romance, heartache, pain and  success. Each part of our lives represents a chapter in my mind. I think we can categorize chapters many ways, by each year, each month or as I like to imagine, by each large event or collection of events.

In all honesty I have been struggling the last few weeks feeling depressed and just feeling like my future was so unknown and so foggy. I feel like everyone is amazed by how much I have done by 23 and yet I am sitting here wondering what I am doing with my life. I feel like I have been moving from task to task so quickly that I forget about the bigger picture. I forget that where I am at right now is a chapter and that I am only a few chapters in to the whole book that God is writing for my life. The thing about a chapter is that once it is over, it's over. You have to turn the page to get the next part of the story. I have been struggling and struggling with my situation and in a time of prayer and reflection I felt like God was telling me that I needed to be ready to turn the page to the next chapter when it was time. This doesn't necessarily bring me the peace that everything is going to be great in the next chapter but it's a good reminder that he is in control of the story and it's going to end up being a great book.


No comments:

Post a Comment