Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall is Here!

Now that the weather is getting cooler and the rain is starting to come down, I think it is safe to say that fall is here! I got crafty last night and did a little bit of decorating to make the house a bit more cheery. Since we just moved in, I still don't have a lot of decor pieces so I am gathering as I go.

I started with my kitchen side table. I bought two packages of paper leaves from Dollar Tree and then wrapped the wire to make fall garland. I felt like this looked more real than some of the pre-made garland strands.

Next I took a vase and layered apple and vanilla potpourri. I tied a plaid and gold ribbon around it and set it on top of some leaves as the final touches. This piece is on my kitchen table.

Lastly for my living room centerpiece I used a basket lined with leaves to hold 3 baby pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment